Wednesday 18 September 2013

Interview 1

I asked a small amount of my friends and family on their opinions of the Indie genre. This will altogether gather more detailed research from a sample of people from various age ranges.

Person No.1 - 17 Years of Age
Person No.2 - 56 Years of Age

 What do you like about the Indie genre?
 No. 1- The guitar solos mostly, I play guitar myself so I find that I can relate to the genre as I like to play some of their guitar parts. Although I do enjoy listening to Indie Pop, such as Bastille where their music is more electronic or drum & bass.
No.2- I like the different sounds from the guitar, particularly enjoying Indie Rock with the likes of the Arctic Monkeys and The Vaccines. I like their upbeat tunes and how they suck you into their music.

Do you ever listen to the sub genre, Indie Acoustic at all?
No.1- Not really.
No.2- Not at all.

How would you describe generally of an Indie Music Video?
No.1- Cutting rate in time with beat, love story, natural scenes, showing something different to other music videos.
No.2- Happy, reminiscing over a relationship, natural.

When listening to our song choice, what are your first thoughts for the music video?
No.1- Strumming of the guitar, love story, good times.
No.2- Guitar present in most scenes to help represent the indie acoustic, love story shown throughout, lip syncing, gradually a build up towards an ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment